- If you have an enlarged labia and feel self-conscious, or are having difficulties with sexual activity, exercise, irritation, or general hygiene, labiaplasty in Chelmsford offers you the opportunity to regain your comfort and self-confidence.
- Board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS), Dr. Dave Lee specializes in cosmetic surgery procedures like labiaplasty. With the expansion of his private practice, Dr. Lee will help you choose the best procedure to ease your mind and help you return your self-esteem.
Many of our high-profile patients prefer to be private with their cosmetic procedures and prefer that their photographs not be placed online. At your consultation, you will be shown photographs of patients who have given us permission to display their before and after pictures.
WHAT IS LABIAPLASTY?
While there are other treatments for the labia in Chelmsford labiaplasty specifically refers to the surgery that reduces the length of your labia minora, or the inner lips of your female genitalia.
This is the most common type of female genital plastic surgery and is meant to relieve pain from twisting and/or tugging of your labia, such as when having sexual intercourse or exercising. It can also help relieve irritation, itching, and feelings of self-consciousness.
- This involves the use of surgical techniques based on your individual needs. When you come for your labiaplasty Chelmsford plastic surgeon Dr. Lee will work with you to create a goal for your surgery. Depending on the type of procedure you’ll be undergoing, you may be placed under either local or general anesthesia.
- Once your surgery is finished, Dr. Lee will stitch the incisions closed with all absorbable sutures. There are two main types of labiaplasty available, the trim procedure and the wedge procedure.
- Trim procedure: This is the most common type of surgery and the original technique for labiaplasty. During this procedure, Dr. Lee will trim the extra tissue from your labia minor and stitch it up to make it symmetrical and proportional with the labia majora. You can also have extra folds in your clitoral hood reduced at the same time.
- Wedge procedure:This type of procedure involves taking a pie-shaped wedge from the labia minora which allows you to maintain your pigmented border by maintaining the existing edges. You can also have extra folds in your clitoral hood reduced at the same time.
WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE DR. LEE
A member of both the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), Dr. Lee specializes in several types of plastic surgery. In addition, Dr. Lee is an accomplished classical pianist. This along with his years of medical training has given his hands extraordinary precision in the operating room. Dr. Lee also firmly believes that the patient comes first, and makes it a priority to always be available for his patients.
This outstanding level of service will help ease any fears you have about your procedure. If you’re interested in labiaplasty in Chelmsford, then feel free to call or message us today to set up a consultation today with Dr. Lee.
REVISION LABIAPLASTY FAQS
There are several practical reasons for choosing to get a labiaplasty. Given the increasing trend in wearing tight-fitting clothes such as yoga or workout pants, many women feel self-conscious if they have enlarged labia. Some women may feel uncomfortable or self-conscious about their labia when it comes to sexual activity with their partners. Labiaplasty can also ease discomfort from other activities. You can also choose to only have one side of your labia minora worked on instead of both to correct any asymmetries.
There is likely to be swelling, tenderness, and some discomfort after the procedure. Dr. Lee will prescribe medications for you to take as needed. It’s important to avoid rigorous activity to ensure the healing process is successful. To learn more about treatments with expert Chelmsford Labiaplasty provider Dr. Dave Lee, schedule a consultation with us today.
Due to the location of the surgery, it’s important to follow Dr. Lee’s instructions in order to heal correctly. You will need to avoid physical activities such as biking, running, or sexual activity, which can create pressure on the incisions and delay healing times. It’s also important not to wear tight pants or underwear so as to avoid friction with the incision. Long showers should be avoided and the wound kept dry. While it takes about a week to recover from the surgery, it will take approximately four weeks before you can resume certain exercises and sexual intercourse.
Because labiaplasty is usually considered elective surgery, costs will be out of pocket. There are financing and payment options available. You can discuss any questions you have during your consultation.
Your beauty is a symphony. Don’t trust it to anyone less than a true performer and a master at his craft. Chelmsford plastic surgeon, Dr. Dave Lee brings the virtuosity of a concert pianist and the artistry of a renowned plastic surgeon to each procedure. Schedule a consultation today to discover why patients across New England are singing the praises of Dr. Lee and his staff at PURE Cosmetic Center.