Do you think the appearance of your breasts could be improved? Do you want to increase the size of your implants? Or have you decided you would prefer them to be a bit smaller? Would you like a different shape? Breast implant revision in Chelmsford with Dr. Dave Lee could be the solution. Dr. Lee can help you achieve the look you want.
Many of our high-profile patients prefer to be private with their cosmetic procedures and prefer that their photographs not be placed online. At your consultation, you will be shown photographs of patients who have given us permission to display their before and after pictures.
What is Breast Implant Revision?
Breast implant revision or replacement is a surgical procedure that exchanges your existing breast implants with new ones. Sometimes the goal is to correct any problems from your earlier breast augmentation surgery or to update the implant material.
Breasts can change shape over time and many women decide to replace or exchange their implants. If you have had significant weight loss or pregnancy since you had your original breast augmentation, you may have experienced a change in your breasts and may need a revision.
- Another form of displacement is referred to as bottoming out. In this case, the implant drops below the crease. You may notice the nipples point upward, or there may be more distance between the nipples and the crease of the breast. Occasionally the natural tissue of the breast will become separated from the implant, causing the natural breast to fall in an unnatural way. This is known as the waterfall deformity. Rippling is also an issue that can be fixed with breast implant revision. This problem may be caused by insufficient breast tissue resulting in the implant being closer to the skin.
- Breast revision is advised when the implant leaks or ruptures. Ruptures can happen due to the aging of the implant, trauma to the breast, or other factors. When saline implants rupture, the effect is noticeable since the implant will deflate as the saltwater leaks and is absorbed by the body. Silicone implant ruptures are not as obvious since the gel leaks slowly. This gel is not absorbed by the body. There may be no symptoms, or the leak or rupture may cause shape and size changes in the breast, increasing pain, firmness, and swelling. This may cause capsular contracture.
As the first step in any breast implant revision Chelmsford plastic surgeon Dr. Dave Lee will want to understand your reasons for the surgery and any concerns you may have about your original implants or the replacements. A complete medical history will be taken. The doctor will examine your breasts and determine the quality of your breast tissue and your skin.
Breast implant revision is not a routine surgery and must be customized to your particular needs. Your experience will depend on your reasons for the surgery. For example, if you simply want to increase or decrease the size of your breasts, it is likely that Dr. Lee will be able to use the same incision used for the original augmentation. If you desire correction of capsular contracture or adjustments to the position of the implants, you may require an incision along your fold
A breast lift may be done at the same time as well. If you have rippling of the implant or if the implant is poorly positioned, the surgery may be a bit more involved. Fat grafting to the breast is another way to improve your breast appearance. This involves harvesting fat from areas like your abdomen or thighs in order to inject into the breast tissues overlying the implants. General anesthesia is usually used to keep you comfortable. The length of the procedure depends on what is required to deliver the results you and Dr. Lee have discussed.
That capsule helps to keep the implant in place. However, some patients experience breast pain and misshapen breasts because of the tightening of the scar tissue. Surgical intervention may be needed to correct this problem. Dave Lee, MD, is a skilled and extensively trained Chelmsford plastic surgeon who can assess your situation and your goals and then determine the need for revision and the best course of treatment.
- Following the surgery, you will be monitored and will receive detailed after-care instructions. You may need drains, small tubes placed under the skin temporarily to drain excess fluids. Your breasts will be wrapped, and you may need to wear a support bra to reduce swelling. You will then be released to go home.
- Dr. Lee will discuss how long your recovery period is expected to take. Your recovery time will probably be similar to what you experienced when you had your original breast augmentation surgery. You may have some discomfort, stiffness, swelling, and bruising. These effects should last only a few days and sometimes up to a couple of weeks.
Breast Implant Revision Benefits
There are many benefits to be had from precisely applied breast implant revision in Chelmsford. If you are dissatisfied with the shape or size of your existing implants, the revision or replacement can solve the issue.
The revision procedure can correct any tightening scar tissue and any discomfort or complications from your previous breast augmentation. The procedure can also correct any wrinkling or folding of the implants. Breast implant revision can also return a more youthful shape to your breasts.
- Wanting to increase or decrease the breast size after augmentation is also a good reason for the procedure. You should be in good health, be a nonsmoker, and have a realistic view of what revision can do for the shape, size, and symmetry of your breasts.
- We require that any patient interested in receiving treatment from our renowned Chelmsford breast implant revision expert, Dr. Dave Lee, have a consultation prior to surgery. Consultation with Dave Lee, MD, will ensure that the optimum surgical solution is determined.
Dave Lee, MD, has received extensive and specialized training in the field of breast implant augmentation and revision. He is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery® (ABPS). He has an artistic sensibility along with superior surgical skill, ensuring that if you need breast implant revision In Chelmsford, you will receive quality care from Dr. Lee.
BREAST IMPLANT REVISION FAQS
Often in addition to breast implant revision, a patient will opt for a breast lift, increasing or decreasing the size of the implants, or reshaping. In limited cases, instead of breast implant revision, implant removal may be necessary.
The cost of breast implant revision depends on many factors including what services are needed and the reason for the revision. Fees may include medical tests, medication, anesthesia, as well as post-surgical services and products.
Your beauty is a symphony. Don’t trust it to anyone less than a true performer and a master at his craft. Chelmsford plastic surgeon, Dr. Dave Lee brings the virtuosity of a concert pianist and the artistry of a renowned plastic surgeon to each procedure. Schedule a consultation today to discover why patients across New England are singing the praises of Dr. Lee and his staff at PURE Cosmetic Center.