Your beauty is a symphony. Don’t trust it to anyone less than a true performer and a master at his craft. Chelmsford plastic surgeon, Dr. Dave Lee brings the virtuosity of a concert pianist and the artistry of a renowned plastic surgeon to each procedure. Schedule a consultation today to discover why patients across New England are singing the praises of Dr. Lee and his staff at PURE Cosmetic Center.
Your mind and your body need plenty of rest to recover after surgery. You will be bruised and swollen after surgery. Bruising gets better in about 2 weeks. Much of the swelling improves by 2-3 weeks, but you will continue to have some swelling for up to 3 months after surgery.
- Call the office immediately if you experience any of the following:
- Sudden excessive pain
- Excessive bleeding
- Sudden swelling or firmness of your face or neck
- Sleep slightly elevated to help bruising and swelling to resolve more quickly. Use 2-3 extra pillows under the head, neck, and upper body to achieve a 30-45 degree angle.
- We may recommend compression with a garment like an Ace wrap. This does not need to be worn 24/7. Instead, you can wear it for 10-12 hours per day and remove it for the other hours of the day.
- Arnica Montana is a homeopathic anti-inflammatory that can help swelling and bruising resolve more quickly. This comes in topical forms (gel, cream), which can be applied to the skin where there is bruising and swelling, and also in an oral tablet. You can start this 1-2 days before surgery or right afterward. Arnica can be purchased over the counter at most pharmacies.
- Makeup may be applied the next day after surgery. Be very gentle when removing makeup.
- Avoid sun exposure to the face and neck for 6 weeks after surgery. Use sunscreen thereafter.
- Avoid vigorous exercise or anything that increases your heart rate or blood pressure for 1 week after surgery. Walking is OK, and it is encouraged to get up and move around at least 3-4 times per day after surgery. After 1 week, you may resume exercise.