If you have larger breasts, has the shape changed over the past few years, perhaps becoming flattened with losing volume? Would you like your breasts to look like they did when you were younger? Did pregnancy change your breasts so that you barely recognize them? If so, a breast lift in Chelmsford by Dave Lee, MD, at PURE Cosmetic Center could be the solution.
Many of our high-profile patients prefer to be private with their cosmetic procedures and prefer that their photographs not be placed online. At your consultation, you will be shown photographs of patients who have given us permission to display their before and after pictures.
What is a Breast Lift?
A breast lift, also known as mastopexy, is a surgical procedure that raises the breasts by eliminating excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue. The procedure can result in an improved shape and elevation of the breasts while providing support for the new shape. Additionally, a breast lift raises the position of the nipple.
- This loss creates unmistakable signs of aging in many parts of our bodies. In your breasts, this process causes sagging and drooping. It is not just aging that results in breast sagging. Heredity plays a part as well. Pregnancy, breastfeeding, and fluctuations in your weight can also result in less perky breasts. Fortunately, your breasts can look younger and healthier with breast lift surgery.
- There are several benefits to be had from an expertly performed breast lift in Chelmsford. A breast lift can reduce sagging and drooping, providing your breasts with more natural support and firmness. A breast lift can reduce enlarged areola and raise the position of your nipples. If one breast is lower than the other, a breast lift may correct that imbalance.
- Consultation: First, we require that any patient interested in receiving treatment from Chelmsford Breast Lift expert, Dr. Dave Lee, have a consultation prior to the surgery. In addition to complete medical history, Dr. Lee will discuss your expectations for the surgery. He will outline your options and recommend treatment. He may discuss additional procedures that will result in your ultimate goals. He will also outline any side effects or risks. Breast lifts are always outpatient procedures.
- Surgery: After you are administered anesthesia, incisions will be made. Dr. Lee will perform the technique determined in your consultation, adjusting the position of the nipple, removing excess tissue and skin as needed to lift your breasts to a youthful and natural-looking position.
- Recovery: You will need to wear a support bra as they heal. Dr. Lee will discuss the length of time for your recovery, which will be dependent on the surgery needed for your breast lift. It may take six weeks to see the full results of the procedure. Some incision lines may be hidden in the crease of the breast, others can be hidden under bras or bathing suits. Any scars tend to fade considerably over time.
- Results: The length of time breast lifts last depends on the same factors that may have caused the need in the first place – skin quality, heredity, age, general health. Some patients have long-lasting results from breast lifts. For some, minor revisions may be desired after a few years. You can improve and lengthen the results by taking care of your skin, avoiding rapid weight gain or loss, and ensuring that your breasts have good support.
- The anchor pattern uses three incisions – one around the nipple, a vertical one from the bottom of the nipple to the crease under the breast, and a crescent incision along the fold. This is primarily used when the breasts sag or droop considerably.
- The vertical pattern (also known as the lollipop pattern) uses the incision around the nipple and the vertical but not the one in the fold and can be used for more moderate lifts. Two of the incision patterns are useful only for those who need minor improvements.
- These are the circumareolar pattern which uses a single incision around the areola and the crescent pattern which uses a single incision around the top of the areola. These lifts affect the position of the nipple, but do not change the internal breast tissue.
A breast lift can improve your self-confidence tremendously, so it is extremely important to find a Chelmsford plastic surgeon who has superior surgical skills and an eye for symmetry and beauty. Dave Lee, MD, is just such a specialist. For a breast lift in Chelmsford, Dr. Lee’s medical knowledge and core belief that patients come first result in a safe and comfortable experience. Dr. Lee is ready to discuss your aesthetic goals and establish a tailored treatment plan to meet them.
BREAST LIFT FAQS
If you are healthy and do not smoke, and are unhappy with the sagging of your breasts, a breast lift may be your ideal solution. Breast lifts are also helpful if you have noticed stretched skin, flatter breasts, low hanging or downward-pointing nipples, or one breast lower than the other. Breast lift surgery is recommended only after you have finished having children as the changes during pregnancy can reverse the improvement from the breast lift.
A breast lift does not increase or decrease the size of your breasts. For that result, breast augmentation or breast reduction may be the best alternative, possibly combined with a breast lift. Some patients desire liposuction of the bra fat areas and liposuction of the sides of the chest to improve the contour. These areas are not part of the breast tissue and thus are separate but related procedures. Many women decide to also combine their breast surgery with a tummy tuck; this is called a Mommy Makeover procedure.
The cost of a breast lift in Chelmsford depends on the type of procedure used as well as medical tests and anesthesia. Your situation will be discussed at length prior to the procedure.
Your beauty is a symphony. Don’t trust it to anyone less than a true performer and a master at his craft. Chelmsford plastic surgeon, Dr. Dave Lee brings the virtuosity of a concert pianist and the artistry of a renowned plastic surgeon to each procedure. Schedule a consultation today to discover why patients across New England are singing the praises of Dr. Lee and his staff at PURE Cosmetic Center.