- This is one of the areas that can most easily show signs of stress in your face, such as shadows under your eyes. These can result from genetics, aging, and loss of sleep.
- At PURE Cosmetic in Chelmsford tear trough correction involves repairing these issues by decreasing the hollowness under your eyes and brightening your skin to reduce dark circles.
Many of our high-profile patients prefer to be private with their cosmetic procedures and prefer that their photographs not be placed online. At your consultation, you will be shown photographs of patients who have given us permission to display their before and after pictures.
WHAT IS TEAR TROUGH CORRECTION?
- Tear trough correction actually refers to a number of treatments that can address the hollows under your eyes, dark circles, bags, or a combination of all three.
- Procedures can include dermal fillers, chemical peels, fat grafting, fat repositioning, and lower blepharoplasty, all of which will help restore brightness and/or volume under your eye. Depending on your specific needs, Dr. Lee can curate a treatment plan best for you and your needs.
- These hollows can deepen over time, causing your eyes to look more pronounced and aged. You can also experience these effects as early as your 20s, which can make you look permanently dissatisfied or exhausted.
- In addition, if you’re unhappy with wrinkles, large shadows, or bags under your eyes, you can correct these issues by replacing or repositioning natural fat, using dermal fillers, or even undergoing surgical procedures such as blepharoplasty.
TEAR TROUGH CORRECTION PROCEDURE
With the many types of procedures available for tear trough correction Chelmsford patients are offered personalized treatment plans to fit their exact needs.
For patients who receive blepharoplasty, they will first be placed under IV sedation. Dr. Lee will then create a small incision and remove the extra skin under the eyes. For patients lacking volume, fat transfer may be used instead, which involves liposuction and fat injection, a minimally invasive procedure. And for those who choose dermal fillers, topical numbing creams are used before the non-surgical procedure.
- Blepharoplasty, fat transfer, and fat repositioning all require either general or local anesthesia. Dermal fillers and under-eye chemical peels usually have topical analgesics to reduce discomfort during the actual treatment.
- You will notice immediate differences after your procedure, but due to minor swelling and bruising, your final results will not be fully visible until these effects fade in about two weeks.
A member of both the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), Dr. Dave Lee’s expertise includes tear trough correction, blepharoplasty, facelifts, rhinoplasty, and. He is also board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS).
After growing up in Cupertino, CA, Dr. Lee graduated from Stanford University with a B.S. in Biological Sciences and a B.A. in Music. He then attended the University of Rochester medical school in New York and graduated at the top of his class. After completing plastic surgery training at the University of Massachusetts, where he was also the administrative chief resident, he then completed an extra year of advanced cosmetic surgery training through an aesthetic fellowship at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, Marina Plastic Surgery in Marina del Rey, and the Rox Center in Beverly Hills.
In addition to being a board-certified Chelmsford plastic surgeon Dr. Lee is also an accomplished classical pianist. Because of his years of musical training, his hands have incredible technical finesse, which aids his work as a surgeon. Dr. Lee also believes that patients come first and works to always be available for them.
TEAR TROUGH CORRECTION FAQ
If you would like to improve dark circles under your eyes or reduce bags that make your face looking perpetually tired, you may want to consider tear trough correction. You can have procedures at any age, and these signs of aging can occur in everyone at any age.
This depends on whether you are undergoing a minimally invasive procedure or a surgical procedure to correct your tear trough area. For minimally invasive procedures, you will typically have very little downtime and can return to activities in a few days. For surgical procedures, you may experience some mild swelling and bruising for a couple of weeks after surgery.
Prices vary depending on how deep your tear troughs may be, what procedure you will need to correct the area, and if you will need more than one procedure to correct this issue. Because tear trough correction is usually an elective cosmetic procedure, you will need to cover the costs yourself. However, there are payment plans and financing options available if needed.
This depends on your procedure. If it’s non-surgical, there will be no scars. If you undergo blepharoplasty, there will be a small incision made along your lash line that fades over time.
Because the skin and tissue under your eyes are sensitive, it is normal to have some bruising and swelling Discomfort is minimal and most patients choose to take over-the-counter pain relievers
If you are unhappy with dark circles and/or hollows under your eyes, tear trough correction may be the best solution for you. You will need to meet for a consultation with Dr. Lee prior to scheduling any procedures. This will allow him to conduct an evaluation to establish your eligibility.
Your beauty is a symphony. Don’t trust it to anyone less than a true performer and a master at his craft. Chelmsford plastic surgeon, Dr. Dave Lee brings the virtuosity of a concert pianist and the artistry of a renowned plastic surgeon to each procedure. Schedule a consultation today to discover why patients across New England are singing the praises of Dr. Lee and his staff at PURE Cosmetic Center.