A lifetime of sun exposure and aging cause changes such as wrinkles, texture issues, and loss of vibrancy. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Dave Lee brings the latest Sciton laser treatments to his Chelmsford practice. With Sciton technology, he offers patients in the greater Boston area an opportunity to renew their skin so it is healthy, soft, and toned.
Many of our high-profile patients prefer to be private with their cosmetic procedures and prefer that their photographs not be placed online. At your consultation, you will be shown photographs of patients who have given us permission to display their before and after pictures.
WHAT IS A SCITON LASER?
Sciton represents the latest advancements in laser skin rejuvenation.
These next-generation laser devices emit energy that passes through the skin barrier without breaking the skin. Once inside, the laser energy initiates a natural repair process that breaks down unwanted pigment, smooths fine lines, and improves the texture of scars, rough skin, and enlarged pores.
Types of Sciton Laser Treatments
At PURE Cosmetic Center, Dr. Lee has a bevy of Sciton laser devices designed to renew, brighten, and resurface your skin. He can help you select the appropriate laser for your skin’s particular needs.
Conditions: Lackluster skin, scarring, fine lines, solar damage, hyperpigmentation
Sciton Halo is a first-of-its-kind hybrid laser skin resurfacing system that is minimally invasive. It utilizes both ablative and non-ablative wavelengths to firm, soften, and brighten nearly all skin tones. Glowing, even-toned skin becomes apparent in just five to seven days. It is excellent for prepping the skin ahead of special events.
Conditions: Rosacea, acne scars, fine lines, UV damage, and discoloration
Sciton BBL HERO (High Energy Rapid Output) is an accessory handpiece that applies intense pulsed light (IPL) at 4x the speed and 3x the power of traditional Sciton BBL. It quickly and efficiently improves hyperpigmentation, fine lines, redness, and textural issues on the face and body, outperforming comparable IPL devices in speed and efficacy.
Conditions: Lax skin, deep wrinkles, age spots, dullness, rough texture, and scars
Sciton Contour TRL is a tunable resurfacing laser that adjusts to target superficial or deep layers of skin depending on where it will provide the most benefit. The dynamic controls allow one to enjoy the benefits of an intensive procedure with more downtime or a gentler technique with no downtime. Skin looks smoother, firmer, and visibly brighter after several treatments.
BENEFITS OF SCITON LASER TREATMENT
Sciton has impeccably engineered its devices to outperform others in its class. Their equipment treats more areas in less time. Many Sciton lasers feature lighting-fast repetition rates to decrease the time patients sit in the treatment chair. Each pass of the handpiece provides consistent, predictable, and uniform results without skipping areas. Sciton is laser skin rejuvenation at its finest.
- Are minimally invasive
- Offer predictable results
- Have a high safety profile
- Are safe for nearly all skin tones
- Are customized to your skin type
- Enable lighting-fast treatment sessions
- Treat a wide range of aesthetic concerns on the face and body
- Mild skin laxity
- Enlarged pores
- Rough skin texture
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Diffuse redness and rosacea
- Certain types of vascular lesions
- Acne scars, pockmarks, and post-surgical scars
- Dull skin, sun spots, freckles, hyperpigmentation, or melasma
Anyone pregnant, breastfeeding, or with active skin infections or severe health issues should speak with Dr. Lee about whether they are candidates for Sciton lasers or alternative treatments.
SCITON LASER TREATMENT PROCEDURE
- Consultation and Preparation: During your consultation for Sciton laser treatment Chelmsford plastic surgeon Dr. Dave Lee is an attentive listener and will take the time to understand what skin concerns bother you most. After examining your skin and assessing your skin type, he will make personalized recommendations to help you achieve your complexion goals.If you and Dr. Lee decide that Sciton laser treatments are the best approach, he will let you know what to expect before, during, and after your procedure.
- Recovery and Aftercare: Initially, your skin may appear slightly red, swollen, or tight. These effects should last a few hours to days or weeks, based on the type of laser treatment. Avoid prolonged sun exposure and apply SPF since your skin will be more sensitive to sunburn. Dr. Lee will advise you when it is safe to start using your regular skincare products, including active ingredients and exfoliants, after your treatment.
- Procedure: Before your treatment begins, Dr. Lee will provide you with protective eyewear to shield your eyes. He will prepare the area by wiping down the skin to cleanse it. He will then work the laser handpiece in steady, sweeping motions over the treatment area. You may feel heat or prickling sensations during your treatment. Sciton technology features a built-in cooling system to minimize these sensations. Depending on the device settings, he may apply ice or numbing cream to make your treatment even more comfortable.
- Results: The time it takes to see results depends on the specific laser and depth of treatment. While a single Sciton laser session can improve your skin, Dr. Lee may suggest a series of treatments for optimal results. After completing the recommended treatment course, most patients experience visibly enhanced brightness, clarity, and texture.You can extend your results by staying out of the sun, wearing sunscreen, using quality skincare products, and coming in for routine maintenance treatments at PURE Cosmetic Center.
As a board-certified plastic surgeon in Chelmsford, Dr. Lee has advanced training in all aspects of skin rejuvenation. While he offers a full range of surgical options to improve the look of aging skin, he realizes that not all patients are good candidates for invasive surgery. He has selected Sciton lasers for non-surgical skin rejuvenation because they uphold the same standards of safety and clinical effectiveness that are tantamount to Dr. Lee’s own philosophy. Furthermore, Dr. Lee is an expert at controlling the depth and wavelength of the laser in order to customize the settings to each individual patient.
Finally, Dr. Lee goes the extra mile to ensure his patients achieve stellar results so they enjoy the perks of youthful, smooth, and even-toned skin. He has helped thousands of patients reclaim their confidence and feel more attractive, earning top ratings on online reviews.
SCITON LASER TREATMENT FAQS
Expect heat, prickling, and momentary discomfort that feels like a rubber band snapping. Your skin may feel tight or warm afterward, similar to a sunburn. Most patients find ice application relieves any sensitivity.
Safety is integral to Sciton’s manufacturing process. For example, BBL Hero features 2x the cooling power to regulate skin temperature, preventing burns and minimizing discomfort during laser procedures. When performed by a board-certified surgeon such as Dave Lee, MD, risks such as scarring, PIH, burns, and infection are uncommon.
Insurance does not cover elective cosmetic procedures. Don’t forget to ask about special financing options that may be available during your consultation.
Your beauty is a symphony. Don’t trust it to anyone less than a true performer and a master at his craft. Chelmsford plastic surgeon, Dr. Dave Lee brings the virtuosity of a concert pianist and the artistry of a renowned plastic surgeon to each procedure. Schedule a consultation today to discover why patients across New England are singing the praises of Dr. Lee and his staff at PURE Cosmetic Center.