Are you experiencing pain after having breast augmentation surgery? Do you not like the look of your implants? Do your breasts feel too heavy or does the scar tissue seem to feel tighter or harder? Is it possible your implants have leaked or ruptured? Consulting with Dave Lee, MD, can help you decide if breast implant removal is right for you.
Many of our high-profile patients prefer to be private with their cosmetic procedures and prefer that their photographs not be placed online. At your consultation, you will be shown photographs of patients who have given us permission to display their before and after pictures.
What is Breast Implant Removal?
Breast implant removal is a surgical procedure done to take out implants for a variety of reasons. Sometimes, your lifestyle has changed, and you may want smaller breasts. Sometimes there is a medical need for removal.
During breast implant removal the surgeon may remove not just the implants, but any silicone that has leaked and any scar tissue resulting from the implant. Breast implant removal in Chelmsford should be done only by an expert plastic surgeon such as Dr. Lee, who is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Dr. Lee also has an eye for aesthetics that is especially necessary in cases of implant removal as well as augmentation.
- We require that any patient interested in receiving treatment from Chelmsford Breast implant removal expert Dr. Dave Lee has a consultation prior to the surgery. You need to be physically healthy before undergoing surgery and you should not be a smoker.
- Having realistic expectations about what will happen after breast implant removal is crucial. If you are unhappy with the appearance of the implants or are dealing with pain or discomfort, you should contact Dr. Lee to determine if removal will alleviate your issues.
Breast implants are not designed to be devices that last a lifetime. The usual length of time before they need to be replaced or removed is 10 – 15 years. Sometimes a patient is not satisfied with the look of the implants or scar tissue may be causing discomfort. Over time, the shape of the breasts may have changed. They may not match as they did after the augmentation. In rare cases, implants can rupture or leak and need to be removed. Some patients opt for removal to eliminate implants as a cause for health problems and in fact, some report an improvement in symptoms such as fatigue, headaches, joint pain, and more.
BREAST IMPLANT REMOVAL
After your surgery, your breasts will adjust to their new shape and size. You will want to wait to see if your skin adjusts on its own, but if your skin has stretched and you would like the issue corrected, a breast lift might be a consideration. There are advantages for having a simultaneous lift with the implant removal including having only one surgery, reducing the cost and the need for anesthesia. A combination lift may result in better results, fewer complications, and less need for additional surgery. Discuss these choices with Dr. Lee to determine which is right for you.
Dr. Lee is a Chelmsford plastic surgeon board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery® (ABPS). The ABPS only certifies qualified, highly trained plastic surgeons and is the organization recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties which has approved specialty boards for almost 70 years. Dr. Lee’s focus is on providing superior skill and personalized care. He has a highly developed eye for beauty. Breast implant removal in Chelmsford will be done with care and in comfort by Dave Lee, MD, at PURE Cosmetic Center.
When you first had breast augmentation, your body formed a capsule of scar tissue around the implant. This is a normal part of the healing process. Sometimes, however, those capsules become hardened and tight creating a condition called capsular contracture and can cause pain and unwelcome changes in the shape of your breasts. When this happens, a complete capsulectomy, eliminating all the scar tissue, may be indicated at the same time your implants are removed. Depending on how much scar tissue is removed, your breasts may have a different shape. In some cases, your breasts may have irregularities or depressions. Consult with Dr. Lee to determine if a combination procedure, such as breast implant revision, breast lift, or fat transfer will benefit your results.
- Consultation During your consultation for breast implant removal Chelmsford plastic surgeon Dr. Dave Lee will take a thorough medical history and discuss in detail the outcome you want, he will ask numerous questions to determine the best course of action for the removal of your implants. You will have a chance to ask any questions you have.
- Surgery As the first step of the surgery, you will receive anesthesia to ensure your comfort. An incision will be made to remove the breast implant. Oftentimes, your existing scar can be used to approach the surgery. In cases of capsular contracture, the breast capsules, as well as the implants, will be removed. The incisions are then closed. Fat grafting can be done at the same time or at a separate procedure.
- Recovery Dr. Lee will give you specific guidelines on how to care for yourself and what to look for until your follow-up visit. You will need to wear a support bra to aid your recovery results. You may have some swelling, bruising, and soreness. You will continue to heal over the next several weeks.
BREAST IMPLANT REMOVAL FAQS
Instead of breast implant removal, replacement may be another alternative. Breast implant revision is also an alternative depending on the reason for the removal. If the skin of your breast has been stretched, you may want to consider surgery to tighten the tissue. A breast lift may also be beneficial.
The cost of breast implant removal in Chelmsford varies depending on the implant itself and the conditions surrounding the removal. Breast implant removal costs can best be determined after a thorough consultation with Dr. Lee.
Your beauty is a symphony. Don’t trust it to anyone less than a true performer and a master at his craft. Chelmsford plastic surgeon, Dr. Dave Lee brings the virtuosity of a concert pianist and the artistry of a renowned plastic surgeon to each procedure. Schedule a consultation today to discover why patients across New England are singing the praises of Dr. Lee and his staff at PURE Cosmetic Center.